Are you a licensed Physical
Therapist who is interested in working with multiple populations? Do you have
the passion or experience working with clients with neurologic diagnoses, as
well as individuals with autism and/or other special needs and behavior issues?
If you are excited to support our amazing clients and students, this job may be
for you! Exciting opportunity to be a part of our dynamic non-profit organization!
Job Title: Physical Therapist
Ability Fitness Center is a gym for people with disabilities. We are a therapeutic fitness and wellness center with expert clinicians and specialized equipment providing access to innovative, customized, and activity-based interventions that increase functional ability for individuals with spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, cerebral palsy, balance disorders, developmental disabilities, and other neurologic conditions.
The Aurora School is a 12-month day program that provides a collaborative and innovative learning environment for students 5-22 years of ages with Autism and other developmental abilities with high intensity behaviors.
Summary: Delivering Physical Therapy services and goals for clients and students between both Ability Fitness Center and The Aurora School.
- Assist clients with their exercise programs including (transfers on/off equipment, set up of equipment, use of NMES, manual stretching, manual therapy)
- Assist the direction of all volunteers in the center
- Work collaboratively and professionally with other team members including volunteers and students
- Modify clients exercise regimens as needed
- Assist in supervision of student physical therapists
- Implement direct and indirect therapy services
- Exhibit flexibility about schedule changes
- Create and carry-out physical therapy goals and objectives for students’ IEPs
- Attend meetings, such as IEPs, weekly team meetings, staff meetings
- Record and track IEP progress through session data collection
- Manage student service logs, including data sheets and billing
- Provide input on student progress in quarterly progress reports to parents and/or school systems
- Incorporate the Principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) into therapy session
- Work collaboratively and professionally with other team members, such as BCBAs, OTs, SLPs, ABA Therapists, and parents
- Other job related duties and responsibilities assigned
Required Qualifications (Essential Experience /Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- 2 or more years of experience in Physical Therapy
- Knowledge of and experience working with clients with neurologic diagnoses such as spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, cerebral palsy, balance disorders, developmental disabilities, and other neurologic conditions
- Experience working with individuals with autism and/or other special needswho are verbal and/or non-verbal with behavioral issues
- Ability to multi task and manage multiple clients at once
- Knowledge of ABA Principles and Verbal Behavior
- Customer focused with high level of patience and professionalism
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently with keen problem solving skills
- Well organized and creative
- Excellent time management and flexibility skills
- Degree in Physical Therapy
- VA Physical Therapy License (through the VA Department of Health Professions)
Professional Development and Training
- Attend trainings and professional development opportunities
- Complete Ability Fitness Center Specific and Aurora specific trainings
- Complete other trainings related to field as assigned by the supervisor
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Ability to transfer clients from wheelchairs to mat/equipment
- Frequent change in position from sitting to standing to walking
- Ability to bend, reach, and hold objects
- Frequent lifting
- Effectively and physically implement crisis PCM procedures (once trained)
Benefits (30 hours/week eligible)
- Full employee covered health and dental insurance, optional vision plan
- Employer paid Life/AD&D, short and long term disability insurance
- Flexible spending accounts with employer contribution to healthcare FSA
- Employee sponsored 401k plan
- Paid sick and personal days
How to Apply
Interested in being our Physical Therapist? If so, please submit your resume with salary range expectation (this does not rule you out but assists in the process), and cover letter (brief summary stating why you think this is the place for you) to Helen Parker, PT, DPT, NCS Director of Ability Fitness Center at Hparker@thearcofloudoun.org.
Thank you for your interest! We will reach out to those that best meet the qualifications. The Arc of Loudoun is an Equal Opportunity Employer.