Are you an organized and hard-working marketing and events professional committed to contributing hands-on in a small marketing department? Do you have strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail and the ability to see the big picture? Is communication and managing multiple priorities something you take pride in? If you have a passion for people with disabilities and are excited about the opportunity to contribute to a dynamic non-profit organization, this Marketing and Events Manager role may be the job for you!
Job Title: Marketing and Events Manager
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Summary: The Marketing and Events Manager shares the story and impact of The Arc of Loudoun in the lives of people with disabilities and their families to the constituents we serve, our volunteers, supporters, and the community at large. The Manager is responsible for implementing a unified marketing and communications plan for the organization. This includes managing the marketing and communications needs and expanding the relationships with our organization’s stakeholders including people with disabilities and their families, members, volunteers, donors, self-advocates, staff, and the Loudoun County/Greater Washington DC community. The Manager will also provide graphic design support to the direct service programs, and oversee logistics and marketing of all organizational fundraising events. The Manager will implement the marketing, communications, and event objectives set by the Chief Development Officer to ensure the organization’s overall effectiveness.
The Marketing and Events Manager will publicize the organization’s activities, mission moments, initiatives, and information to our constituents as well as the greater community through direct mail, organizational collateral, event collateral, annual report, newsletter, websites, social media, videos, blogs, advertising, and other available marketing mediums, creating, coordinating and executing all content.
Communications and Media Relations
The Marketing and Events Manager will manage and implement the communications and media relations plan as directed by the Chief Development Officer, serve as the lead liaison with local and regional media outlets, write and send press releases, coordinate press conferences and media engagement, and serve as marketing and communications lead with organizational partners.
Graphics Design and Promotional Products
The Marketing and Events Manager will be responsible for graphic design and directing contracted graphic designers when necessary. The Chief Development Officer and The Marketing and Events Manager will create project plans for graphic design work required during projects. The Manager will oversee that The Arc’s Branding Playbook and graphics standards are included in the production of organizational collateral, annual report, and onsite event marketing. The Manager will also be responsible for developing and managing a photo library that can be accessible organization wide; an online video library of our mission moments and ALLY Educational series; and the online store including branded merchandise.
Representation in the Community
The Marketing and Events Manager will organize The Arc’s representation at community events, CFC/United Way engagements, and other groups with whom we collaborate to help spread awareness and market the initiatives of The Arc of Loudoun. The Manager will be the lead liaison to the organization’s Circle of Ambassadors, a select group of people specifically trained to officially represent our organization and speak on our behalf.
Event and Volunteer Management
The Marketing and Events Manager will oversee event management and logistics for The Arc of Loudoun fundraising events, including marketing, communications, administrative support, volunteer recruitment, volunteer management, and onsite, day-of support. Events include but are not limited to the award-winning Shocktober, My Bloody Valentine, Annual Meeting, other signature fundraising events, and “third party events”.
Required Qualifications (Essential Experience /Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications, and public relations activities
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, and organizational marketing skills
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, marketing collateral, social media, and digital media
- Experience in Adobe Photo Illustrator, In-Design, Publisher, Constant Contact, Facebook, Google Ads, Twitter, other social media platforms, Mail Chimp
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications
- Computer literacy in word processing, database management
- Commitment to working with cross-functional teams
- Strong oral and written communications skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Demonstrated working knowledge of MS Office
- A true customer service, friendly attitude and demeanor when dealing with staff, community members, volunteers, management and families
- Experience or passion for working with individuals with autism and/or other special needs
- Knowledge and experience with nonprofits
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Professional Development and Training
- Attend all mandatory staff meetings
- Attend all training and professional development opportunities presented by The Arc of Loudoun, as required
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position frequently
- The person in this position needs to often move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as copy machine, computer, and printer
- The person in this position frequently communicates with staff, vendors, and other professional personnel.
- Travels across property in outdoor weather conditions to work with other programs
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings with flexible work schedules
- Full employee covered health and dental insurance, optional vision plan
- Employer paid Life/AD&D, short and long term disability insurance
- Flexible spending accounts with employer contribution to healthcare FSA
- Employee sponsored 401k plan
- Paid sick and personal days, along with paid school holidays and closures (we follow LCPS)
Interested in being our Marketing and Events Manager? If so, please submit your resume with salary range expectation (this does not rule you out but assists in the process), and cover letter (brief summary stating why you think this is the place for you) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest! We will reach out to those that best meet the qualifications.
The Arc of Loudoun is an Equal Opportunity Employer.